PROGRESS TO DATE
• The 18th International Conference of Labor Statisticians votes approval of draft Manual.
• Poland becomes the first country to announce plans to implement the ILO Manual.
• The European Commission endorses adoption of the Manual as a major goal of the European Year of Volunteering.
• Associazione Di Fondazioni E Di Casse Di Risparmio Spa (ACRI) agrees to fund the planning stages of the European Volunteer Measurement project (EVMP) to promote the adoption and implementation of the
• The International Labour Organization approves the final language of the ILO Manual.
• Following the success of a pilot test, Brazil becomes the first Latin American country to officially adopt the Manual.
• South Africa announces its intention to measure volunteering every four years using ILO approach.
• First training session in Tallinn, Estonia prepares volunteer leaders to promote implementation of the Manual in Europe.
• The European Volunteer Measurement Project addresses the EYV Alliance and conducts a training session.
• The ILO releases the final version of the Manual.
• The EVMP, the ILO, and the Polish Ministry of Labour and Social Policy co-host a technical workshop for European statistical officials in Warsaw.